Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Random Bits of Fluff

I'm trying. I really am.

See, I don't want to be one of those people who start something, and then give it up too quickly. My plan was to be able to post at least one entry a day. I mean, c'mon.... my life has soooo much going on at any given point in time, surely there must be something I can write about daily. At least, I thought that was true. Until today. I can't think of a single decent post for today. Grr.

Sure... there are the random bits of cuteness from various children around me that I could mention:

My boss' almost-4 year old daughter was here today. Our office is shaped like a donut, with all the office suites going around in a circle. The Little Princess ran around the circle for a SOLID 20 minutes. Without stopping. Giggling the entire time. Only to stop at one point to inform me that when little kids are running around inside the building I shouldn't sneak out of my office and snatch them up. But if I still wanted to snatch someone up, I could do that to our Office Manager.

Or last night at Bug's football practice, this was overheard from a teammate's younger brother when he was tattling to his mom about his baby brother:

YB (younger brother): Mom, its all his fault we can't play anymore. He's a baby.
Mom: Why? (pause--then very suspiciously) Did you throw your sword at him? (keep your pants on, people... it was a foam sword!)
YB: No. (pause) I tried to! But I missed!

Or I could write about the insane bugs at the football field last night. Stupid things. Apparently it was "the" night for beetles to dive-bomb the football moms. I was picking them out of my hair and from down my blouse All.Night.Long.

The only problem with any of those ideas is that they aren't very long. And I haven't decided yet if I really want to do those itty-bitty-teeny-tiny one or two line posts. *sigh*

Let me think a bit more. Maybe later tonight I'll write about my psycho-Houdini dogs, their separation anxiety, and what its doing to the fencing on the dog run.

Or maybe I'll just call it good and settle down with some chocolate.

No comments: