Friday, October 26, 2007

By The End Of January....

I will feel totally like this (and pretend, for my purposes here, that the electronic device pictures is actually a remote control... cuz that's what I thought it was until just this moment when I realized what it really was. Although, he's always checking scores on his darn phone as well....):

funny cat pictures & lolcats - conzidr dis an intervenshun

Because by the time we get to the end of January, my house will have been so inundated with ESPN (and all of its connected networks--gee thanks DirecTV!), as well as the major networks thanks to the NFL, I will have totally lost any remote (ha! pun intended!) possibility of controlling my remote control.

By the time we get to the Super Bowl (*sigh* I probably have to refer to that as "The Big Game" don't I? Damn trademark b.s. *grumble, grumble*), I will not have had the opportunity to watch anything I wanted for approximately a month. At least.

And if its not sports..... its the Cartoon Network. Because Bug, while occasionally popping his head out of the den to check on the status of whatever game is in progress, just doesn't want to commit to an entire game. Can't really blame him there. Watching football with Coach is an experience. An incredibly emotional experience. And depending on which team is playing, and the outcomes of certain games.... its not an emotional experience anyone really wants to be a part of. I truly believe that it was a sports fan that came up with the label of "throw pillow".

This weekend ought to be particularly painful....er, I mean interesting. Coach's favorite team, the Redskins, are playing Jock's favorite team, the Patriots. While this has been a banner year for getting the two of them to spend quality time together in front of the babysitter... I mean, TV.... watching football, generally they agree on what they would like the outcome of the game to be. This game, however.... yeah, not a lot of agreement gonna be happening in my living room. Its going to get ugly. Its going to get loud. I will probably have to pry my big baby of a dog out from inside my closet somewhere around dinner time. Actually, the dogs will be on their own. I'll probably be hiding at the grocery store.

So does anyone know if there is a local chapter of Remote Control Hogs Anonymous? I bet I can get him there if I lure him with the suggestion there is a big screen in the meeting room.....

5 comments:

The Creeper said...

This would be why we have three TVs in our house. Oh, and I hear you about "throw pillow". Not that he's thrown anything in years, but he does yell at the TV when the Lions screw up. So as you can imagine, that is a LOT! LOL!

What I hate more than almost anything, is when he wanders into the living room (which is MY domain), flips the channel and plunks his ass in the recliner when all I've done is get up to get more beverage and pee.

Grrrrrr.

Mo said...

Tell Jock I'm with him on this one. Go Pats!!!

The Sports Mama said...

Sue: We've actually got three! But Coach claims the one in the living room, Bug claims the one in the den. The only remaining one is in Jock's room, and I try not to spend any significant time in there without a HazMat suit! :)

Mo: I'll pass along your support! :)

Scottsdale Girl said...

GO REDSKINS!

The Sports Mama said...

SG: Coach will be so glad to hear someone else is on his side! :)