Ok. Here it is. The things you never knew about me, and still really aren't sure you actually want to know. No pressure to read the whole list at once. In fact, it might be more fun if you just spread the influx of knowledge over several days.
1. I'm left handed. Of course, that doesn't matter when I type.
2. My favorite movie ever is probably Labrynth, but Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure runs a close second.
3. When I was in the 6th grade, I wanted to be an truck driver like my dad. I was going to drive a pink truck.
4. I have to inspect each individual egg in the carton at the grocery store before I can even put the box in my cart.
5. I'm a direct descendant of a Cherokee Indian Chief. Which makes me a Princess. (kinda explains the narcissism, doesn't it?)
6. I suspect I would leave my husband in a heartbeat if Trace Adkins came knocking on my door. He knows this, and only asks that I remember to send child support regularly.
7. I barely passed my drivers test the first time I took it.
8. I didn't have my first kiss until I was 15.
9. I really love banana flavored popsicles and banana flavored Slurpees.
10. The longest relationship I had before I got married only lasted 9 months.
11. I completely lose track of time in any book store.
12. Before I actually had kids, I wanted six. Four boys and two girls.
13. I have NO athletic ability at all, which is why its amazing to me to see how much my boys DO have.
14. Strangely enough, despite the lack of ability, I was on the wrestling team my freshman year.
15. I played the role of Frenchy in our school's production of Grease my sophomore year.
16. I still watch cartoons every chance I get.
17. My nickname in junior high was Smurfette. Don't ask.
18. I can't swim at all. Can't even float.
19. I have never seen the movie Gone With The Wind.
20. My favorite color is forest green.
21. I actually liked the movie Grease 2.
22. I can sing Amazing Grace to the Gilligan's Island theme.
23. I have not ridden a real bicycle in about 19 years.
24. If given the choice, I will ALWAYS choose country cooking over something fancier.
25. I miss the show Fraggle Rock.
26. I have a sad tendency to carry a grudge.
27. I am petrified of bees, even though I've never been stung by one.
28. I had a poem published in a national magazine my sophomore year.
29. I also had a poem published in my yearbook that year.
And this is where I stopped. I got stuck. For crying out loud... I can't think of 100 different things about myself?!? Although even if I could think of enough, there's no guarantee they'd be worth reading. I mean, I joke all the time about being something of a narcissist, but even I don't think you all really want to sit through that list.
But it still bugged me that I couldn't think of more to tell you. So when I was tucking Bug in tonight, I decided to ask him what HE would tell people if he was asked to talk about me. His list was much better than mine, so I'm going to share it with you. And as luck would have it, his list is also shorter!
1. I love my family.
2. I love God.
3. I love to cuddle. Sometimes too much 'cuz he and Jock really have other things they'd like to be doing rather than hugging me. (Hey! These are his words. I'm just the court recorder here.)
4. I like fruits and vegetables.
5. I like to sing, and am really good at it.
6. I don't like mushrooms. In any form. Cooked or not.
7. I like everything green. Except boogers. (This one prompted a several-minutes-long giggle fest for the two of us, as I couldn't quite believe he said that.)
8. I read 1000 books a month. (Not quite.... but it was refreshing to see that he's inherited something from me, even if its just a flair for the dramatic!)
So there you have it. I decided NOT to do the entire 100 things list. I'm relatively certain no one will be that disappointed.
But, just for you, Flea.... if I had to pick a tree that I might want to be? I think I'd be a money tree. That would keep my kids coming back to see me often well into their teen years!