Wednesday, October 21, 2009

On This Day.....

Being a sports minded sort of place around here, I thought I'd share some trivia tidbits from this date in history as they relate to the world of sports and sports minded people.

1966--The U.S. Congress approved the AFL-NFL merger.

1967--Former Washington Redskins safety Stanley Richard was born.

1976--Cincinnati Reds sweep the New York Yankees in the 73rd World Series.

1979--Ozzie Newsome begins an NFL streak of 150 consecutive game receptions.

And because we've been known to entertain a friend or two around here who aren't as into sports as we are, here are some trivia tidbits that don't relate to sports in any particular way:

1833--Alfred Nobel was born.

1897--Thomas Edison invented a workable electric light.

1972--"My Ding-A-Ling" by Chuck Berry was the #1 song on the Billboard charts.

All of these are funny little facts, its true. But perhaps my very favorite thing ever happened on this date in 1972 (and strangely enough, it wasn't Chuck Berry's silly named #1 hit song).  On this date in 1972, one of my favorite people, certainly my very favorite person over the age of 16, on the planet was born.

Happy Birthday, Coach.  I love you!

3 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Coach is younger than me??? DAMN.

I'm so old.

Happy Bday to the youngun'!

Hallie

I Am Boymom said...

Happy Birthday Coach!! Hope it was a good one!

Iqra said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Coach :)