Thursday, August 19, 2010

Suppose I Could Borrow Wonder Woman's Lasso?

Maybe it's because he's thisclose to being an adult. Maybe it's because he's not that far from being a little boy. Maybe it's because of the pressures of daily life....work, marriage and being as good a mother as I can possibly manage on less than 5 hours of sleep a night. Or maybe it's just because darn it, every once in awhile I just need to sit there and cry big ol' alligator tears.

Whatever the reason, the essay the Teenager wrote tonight for his English class had me sitting on the sofa and sobbing.

"....but the one person I guess I would consider my true hero would be my mom."

"I love my mom very much and I honestly don’t know what I would do if I never was able to have her in my life."

"....She has been there when I needed her the most in my life. "

"....She has always made time for me ...."



Honestly? I didn't even really mind that every time I would reach over and pull that cute little head down for a hug...... his super-glue-inspired-gel-held hair spikes would stab me in the eye. And the neck. And even in my ear once.

I absolutely adore this kid.



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli