Friday, January 14, 2011

I Win!

If ever there was one thing that my Bug is spectacular at, it's taking you off guard by saying the most random (randomest?) word or phrase, just when you're working up a really good mad.

One of the biggest pet peeves that Coach has is when he's watching something on TV, and someone talks. Feel free to converse during the commercials; he'll even respond. But talk once that show comes back on? And you get the *very* evil stink eye.  So naturally, this is something the boys do regularly. Often as sort of a competition, to see who can get the steam to billow out of dad's ears the quickest.  And if I'm being honest, I'm usually right in there with them.  It's one of the best entertainment options available to us right now.

The other night the boys and I were going back and forth, taking our turns interrupting the show. To Coach's credit, he's generally fairly wise to us and just pauses the show until we get tired of the game. But this night, it seemed to be taking a lot longer for us to get tired of it.  So we'd be waiting, pouncing with a comment or two just as soon as he un-paused the show. Eventually, though, it slowed down to the point where Coach felt safe attempting to watch TV again. We even let the program run for a minute or so. But the boys and I kept looking at each other, waiting patiently.  The moment would come......

Just as Coach was good and engrossed, Bug simply said the word "Dad".  I swear, that man's head turned completely around on his shoulders, exorcist-style, and he pinned Bug with The Look. He paused the show, without taking his evil stink eyes off Bug, and simply said, "What."

With a great big smile, and a truly contagious laugh, Bug looked at his dad and said, "I win!"

That man went down like a giant tree. There was just no staying mad after that.

4 comments:

TisforTonya said...

I'd be getting my fair share of stinkeye... I think the only time I should be quiet is at the theatre... the LIVE theatre... and then only if the tickets were more than $30...

Flea said...

Bwahahahahaha! Love your Bug! My kids do that with nom. Everytime someone takes a bite of food, someone will say nom. Drives dad nuts. But your Bug definitely wins. :)

Big Mark 243 said...

Oh that was funny! What a live group you guys have there!!

Anonymous said...

I like that word: stinkeye.