Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's True Because He Said So

According to my youngest son.....

"Mom, being raised by you....well, I like some pretty cool music. Jimi Hendrix. Bon Jovi. The B-52's. You know, cool stuff."

He's also the son who will go out on a date night with me....to see a cartoon movie. And as we sit through the previews? Keeps saying "Next time, Mom, you and I will go see that one. Ooh...and that one! And THAT one!"  Which is why he and I will be seeing the new Winnie the Pooh movie when it comes out, as well as the Smurfs Movie.

As we're sitting at dinner, he tells me "Mom, we should do this every other week. And I say every other week, so that we can make sure and go to awesome places like this each time, instead of not-so-awesome places in-between times."

And in the car on the way home, after our evening is finished, this is the son who tells me "Mom, I had fun tonight hanging out with you. It was epic!"

It's good to know that cartoon movies and the B-52's are still considered cool. Even better knowing that I'M still considered cool enough to enjoy them with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Cosmic Thing!

You're a cool mom and your son has figured that out!

Burgh Baby said...

You're doing something right. For sure.

Flea said...

Ok, can I just say it? Winnie the Pooh is not cool. You and your boy are, though. :)