- Still no A/C in my truck.
- It's still over 100 degrees.
- And I still do not look the correct kind of "hot" in the ponytail I'm forced to wear.
The almost-girlfriend? Is now the actual-girlfriend. And I guess I'm happy for him, since he really likes her. And since I can't realistically keep trying to believe that relationships aren't going to happen.
On the plus side, he's a pretty atypical teenage boy. He actually wants a relationship, not just a lot of nothing. He wants something where he and his favorite girl mutually spoil and love each other. Honestly, the boy seems hard-wired for monogamy, which is an astoundingly good thing.
On the not-so-plus side, I can remember my sophomore year vividly enough to be very nervous about any sort of relationship he develops with a girl. Especially one he decides he *gulp* loves.
And the stinker still has no intention of going to that homecoming dance.
For those of you not paying any attention at all to my sidebar..... in 5 days I will have officially been blogging for a year. A year, people!! In the past year, this blog has:
- Introduced me to someone whom I'm genuinely convinced would be my absolute, uncontested bestest friend ever if we lived in the same state. As it is, I feel so fortunate to know her and have the privilege of talking to her .... real, live phone conversations!.... anytime the mood hits. Even if she's got one of those really strange phones that doesn't actually have a keypad, and can only be answered and never dialed from. (kidding, kidding.....I'm just lucky she answers when I call, and doesn't screen me like the stalker I might possibly appear to be!)
- Taught me to be a better cook by introducing me to someone who selflessly shared her super-yummy spaghetti sauce recipe with me in my time of need!
- Made it possible to keep in regular, if not downright frequent, contact with one of my favorite people ever! Someone who has known me longer than Coach. In fact, she met him before my parents did! She's someone I'm honored to have been able to consider my best friend through high school, and someone I'm still honored to consider one of my best friends for a lifetime.
- Brought to my attention a potential future.....granted, its a pretty distant future--at least a decade....daughter-in-law. And really? Having this woman for an in-law? Well, I think we'd make the really fun kind of "out-laws" for our kids!
- Shown me the awesomeness to be found in other sports minded women. A woman, that although we might not agree with each other's choices when it comes to which team to support, we can definitely agree that certain seasons (namely... Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall) are infinitely more enjoyable when shared with thousands of other like-minded crazy fans!
- Also reminded me that just because my brother's first ex-wife insisted on dressing my nephew like a complete goofus in argyle sweater vests, doesn't mean that they actually look that bad on all toddler boys. Actually, her little boy kidlet looks amazingly darling in those little things! (And she's completely forgiven for apparently --through no actual fault or effort of her own, especially since she doesn't know that she's done it!-- pointing out that my nephew just simply WAS a goofy looking little kid, no matter what he wore!)
Those are just a few examples of the awesomeness that my little blog has brought me over this past year. I may not be one of the most spectacular, amusing or most sought after blogs, but I do know I'm truly blessed to be able to share my world with you, and to get to enjoy yours as well.