Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm A Mother, Alright....But Not Mother Nature

There are two things you should know about me by now.

One, I really am not a big fan of bugs (except for my Bug, of course!). Especially flying ones that feel the unexplained urge to dive bomb me in my own living room every chance they get. My overall attitude towards insect-like creatures is that if they are in MY house, they are OBVIOUSLY on a suicide mission. Being the angel of mercy that I am, I help them along to their hereafter every chance I get. I do not stop to entertain them, or allow them a brief respite from their busy days full of avoiding flyswatters and such.

And two, I am a really lousy photographer. Seriously. I only take pictures to preserve family memories (or occasionally to catch someone dear to me in an embarrassing, awkward and potentially blackmail worthy moment). I am not artistic about it, by any means. I have friends who totally rock the camera. Me? Not so much.

Why am I reminding you of these two lovely attributes? Well, with luck you'll be able to understand Coach's laughter when I spotted a pretty (pretty evil!) looking moth on my ceiling fan light fixture tonight, and shouted at Jock to grab my camera for me! I HAD to get this shot before he flew off!

And because I know how desperately you all need a laugh after enduring a Monday, I'm generously going to share my admittedly amateurish results with you. (You should know that not at any point did I get off my tush on the sofa. I just played with my zoom lens.)





And I've saved the best one for last..... I swear he's giving me the stink eye here. Its like he knows how many of his friends and relatives I've pushed along on their journey to meet their Creator.


6 comments:

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I died a little inside at that last shot. UGH.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll admit...that second shot sucks!!

But the third, not so bad. Not bad at all :)

Kidzmama said...

Wow, my Clever would have personally climbed up there and very delicately removed it for you. By hand. And she would have loved every minute.

It's too bad the rest of us just want it O-U-T! Love that last one.

Karen said...

I hope you got off the couch after the photo session to help him along as well.

Cecily R said...

The stink eye....SNORT!

*~*Cece*~* said...

Yuck! Ok, what's up? It must be bug posting picture day in blogland!