Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Coming Attractions

Ok people.... let this post serve as the only warning you are going to get.....

Football season is officially here! Games start this week for both boys, so for the next 8 weeks (or more if we hit the playoffs on a good roll!) you are most likely going to be subjected to injury updates, game scores, and why we might be hacked off at any of the coaches at any given time.

Also coming up in the next 8 weeks.....

Coach's birthday!! YES! He's on the downhill slide to 40! Personally, its not bothering me that much. That might be because I think all the gray he's getting at his temples is kinda sexy. Or it might be because no matter how many ways he looks at it, I'm still younger than he is. Granted, it's only by 5 months, but still!

Homecoming! Since I know how much you all live to experience the drama that is teenage boyhood in my house, I'll have to keep you updated. The dance isn't until into October, so there is still a chance Jock will end up going.

And I'm relatively sure (or maybe that's just "hopeful") that there will be other events just as important and blog-worthy as those. Because let's face it.... we're heading into the last quarter of the year. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. MY ANNIVERSARY! He'll really have to work to top last year's celebration. Or not. Maybe just the knowledge that we've made it through another year, with all the mess we've been going through, will be enough.

And then, heading into next year is when I'll probably start to freak out on you all on a regular basis. Once we hit January, we've only got 6 more months until Jock is driving. Although really, the blog fodder that is going to generate should keep you all well entertained for a good, long time.

And only eight months until Bug will be in junior high.

Only two more years from then until Jock graduates high school.

One more year after that that Bug STARTS high school.

And the insanity begins again.

Really, its enough to make a grown woman sit huddled in the corner, rocking back and forth, hands fisted in her hair, manically repeating Makeitstopmakeitstopmakeitstop.

Or that might just be me.

5 comments:

Flea said...

I'll join you in that corner. Mind if I drool?

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Count my in for the corner but you need to have DIET COKE!

Hallie :)

Crazymamaof6 said...

make room for me. i'll bring my own beverage thanks!

can't wait for the updates on driving. SCARY!

Rockin Austin said...

Wow. That's a lot of..uhh...stuff coming up!! I can't wait to read about every experience. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love me some football...

And damn, you're that old???!! :p