Thursday, October 16, 2008

Excerpt From The Offical Rulebook of Cousinhood

You might not know it yet, but these kids are the most adorable kids since my own were this size. Trust me on this one.


I think I've mentioned that Coach's brother has a couple sets of twins. You've even seen one of the girls. (Extra bonus points if you can tell me which post it was in! No, no prizes, but you still the get bonus points!) All four of these kids adore....ADORE... Jock. Seriously adore him.


He roughhouses with them. He gives them hugs and cuddles. He goes to the girls' soccer games and dance recitals. He plays cars with the boys. Basically, he pays attention to them. And when your super cool teenage cousin pays attention to you, the rules say you have to idolize him forevermore. No, really. It's in the Official Rules of Cousinhood book.


Tonight, Grandma brought the kids to Jock's game. And they (mostly, at any rate) all watched the game and cheered him on. But one of the boys, the one who seems to be the most attached to Jock, was almost too cute to bear tonight. From the moment he spotted me in parking lot (Aunt Sports Mama! Aunt Sports Mama!) he started in with Where's my Jock? (ya know.... that sentence sounds a LOT less dirty when it's used with Jock's real life name. Honest!) And then the near-constant Where? Where is he? kept up for most of the first half of the game.



But then he found him. And managed to keep pretty good track of him. So the Where is he? changed to I want my Jock! Jo-ock.....where are you? And after the game, he came up to me, grabbed my hand, and said I go get Jock now, 'k Aunt Sports Mama?

So off we went to wait where the team comes off the field, among all the other parents. (Side note... Jock is always awesome at coming up to me while I wait there after the game and giving me a hug. Right in front of everyone. How cool is that??) I picked up the baby, and we waited. As patient as a three-year old can, with lots of Where is he? Where's my Jock?


And then, there he was. Walked right up to us, gave me a hug, and a little fist pop and a nose tweak to his cousin.




Is he not the coolest 15 year old boy you know?



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

17 comments:

Cecily R said...

He is THE coolest. Oh, he is such a KEEPER!!!

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, don't you just love Friday night football.. and what a bunch of cool kids..

The Creeper said...

That is awesome. It's hard to find well-rounded kids these days.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

He gave him the fist pop aka AIR KNUCKS?

Cool kiddo!

Hallie :)

Deb said...

well, MINE is the coolest 15 year old boy i know, but he is definitely a close second (and quite a cutie, too). great story.

tiarastantrums said...

great pictures!!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

So sweet! I think it's so cool when a child has someone to look up to, play with and talk to. Great PSF!

Please VISIT My PSF. Thank You!

Wendy said...

Yes, very nice. I happen to think that when young men respond in that way it is from major influence from their mothers. You have fostered that kind of relating in your family and he has responded. Way to go mom!

Hannah said...

That picture is just precious!!
That's such a sweet story =)

Anonymous said...

No wonder they just adore him! :)

CC said...

That is sweet! My kids only cousins used to live near by. But this summer they moved 3000 miles away :(

Flea said...

Definitely the coolest 15 year old boy I know. :)

Flea said...

Enjoying your play list the last 45 minutes. I've just finished chopping and mixing a split pea soup, having set the lap top near the kitchen to listen. Thanks!

Chris said...

Outstanding! A little attention sure goes a long way.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What a cool kid! Love the photos! Great story too.

Karen said...

Um, Duh? You had to ask?

Anonymous said...

Coolest of all! No doubt

I think it's totally great that he gives them attention like that!