Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hey There. Remember Me?

That's okay. I understand that you might not. I know I've been a random blogger lately, and I hope you believe me when I tell you that I am probably more frustrated with that than any of you are. Oh who am I kidding? Of course you believe me. My lack of blogging can't possibly frustrate anyone else more than it does me. (But it might be nice if someone, maybe someone who has known me for some time, were to do a wee bit of ego stroking and tell me how deeply I have been missed? Maybe?)

Would you like to hear what might be a really good excuse....er, reason... for my absence? Well, here's what my typical day has been like this week:

Up at 4:30am (or as I prefer to call it: The-Buttcrack-of-Not-Yet-Dawn-Thirty) to take Jock to football weights. Then home for a little bit, only to turn around and pick him up at 6:30. This next thing is really a good thing (and don't you just love how I've decided to share this little bit of news with you all?).... I'm out the door and headed off to MY NEW JOB at 7:30. I get out of there at 5:30, when I take myself off to whatever ball park I'm supposed to be at that night (because I've decided that simply volunteering at my local league level just isn't quite enough insanity, and have progressed to volunteering at the District level; thereby necessitating my presence at ballparks in other leagues. Oh, and I've apparently become the official National Anthem singer for our Little League District. I've performed at all our All Star game openers and championships for all levels, and will be doing the same thing at this year's State tournament for the 9-10 year olds.), and I don't get out of the ballpark until somewhere between 9:30 and 10pm. And even though it's late at that point, I still need to actually unwind and eat something resembling dinner. So I don't seem to make it to bed until somewhere around midnight. If I'm lucky.

So, since I haven't seen my kids all week, I'm posting a couple of my recent favorite shots of them. They both had a birthday this month; Jock turning 16 and Bug turning 11 just a week later. We celebrated at Grandma's house, around Grandma's awesome pool. Here's a glimpse of the children I got to enjoy that day:


Check out his very first set of keys:


Proving that although he has known how to, and been an incredibly competent swimmer for many years.... floaties aren't just for his younger cousins (and yes, that dog is wearing a life vest....).


And yes, he really is just too cool for the rest of us.



2 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I'm tired just reading about your days.

You are a better woman than me. I work for 8 hours and then come home and obsess over ways to get people to give to my fundraiser.

And I thought I was tired!!

Hallie :)

Rockin Austin said...

Yeah!!! You're back! I've been checking religiously two to three times a day hoping to hear about life, the new job, the boys etc. You are crazy for being super mom, but I admire you nonetheless...craziness and all.