Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Might Need to Practice My Breathing Exercises Again

Today, I went from creating my son's first of many lasting Senior year memories, to reliving several of my own. Of course, this trip down memory lane was aided by two of my good friends from high school being in town here this weekend and taking time from their schedules to walk down that road with me. But as awesome as the company was, it was still .... odd, to find myself on opposite ends of this trip in a single 24-hour period.  And while I didn't get ANY pictures of my friends (because I'm just awesome like that), I did get a plethora (yes, a plethora. That word is sadly under-used in this day and age, I think.) of shots of the Teenager.  Oh, and Mouse. Who, incidentally, is a beautifully photogenic subject.

 But, seeing as how she is not MY beautifully photogenic subject, and I haven't asked her mama if it's okay to post pictures of her here, you'll all just have to suffer through shots of the Teenager. Alone.







I am going to miss him so much when he actually realizes its time to leave home and live the life he's been growing into.  I've got about 9 months left.

Wow. I've got just as much time to prepare for life WITHOUT him always here as I had to prepare for life WITH him always here.

Does that seem unfair to anyone else?

2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

There is a picture of your younger son beneath one of the older son's photos... before you know it, you will be going thru it all over again!

I think that the pride that comes from raising such credible people will outweigh any sadness!! And they are both very good looking fellas.

TisforTonya said...

the 9 months thing does seem fitting... I'm certainly not ready for it, but since I've got a few years (and MULTIPLE opportunities to do it over...) I will mentally start preparing now!

Ummm... and I think I need your bloggy background for my book blog!!