Friday, September 21, 2007

Its Friday!!!

Has anyone else noticed that yet? :)

Once again, we've got another weekend packed with things going on. I do love my life!

Bug has a game tomorrow. Maybe. At least, as of right this second he does. However, there is apparently a rather large rubber tire factory fire in the city where we are supposed to play. They've begun voluntary evacuations of the residents. The elderly and infirm are being told to stay indoors and drink lots of water ('cuz really, nuthin' keeps ash and soot out of your lungs better than a big bottle of water...lol). They've even declared it a State of Emergency.

So we might not have a game after all. Which isn't so bad, considering this is another one of those games that is a heckuva drive away. Over an hour. Again.

But then my dad is coming into town for the night/early morning on Saturday night. His mom lives in Tuscon, and he's getting her and her motor home settled in before he flies back home to Denver. I'm actually really excited! I haven't seen my dad since New Year's, and I kinda miss him. (I'm a bit of a Daddy's Girl, if you must know) :) So I'll drive the 1 1/2 hour trip from my house to his mom's house to visit for a bit and then I'll take him to the airport.

Does it occur to anyone else just how stinkin' much driving I do for the males in my life???

And I am once again going to attempt to watch Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. I'm going to try to convince Coach that its in celebration of the raise he got at work today. Combine that with a really nice something-that-someone-else-cooked, and hopefully he'll be laughing as much as I do at this movie! Think that'll work? :)

Jock isn't being left out of any of the fun as well! Lucky boy.... he gets to spend the weekend memorizing the periodic chart (or is it called a table? hmmm.... ) for his science class. He's been trying to convince me that I GET to help him, not HAVE to help. He's pretty creative, that one.

And on that note..... I'm outta here for the weekend! I might pop on to post a note or two..... but we'll see. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: