.....but never quite got around to asking me.
Yep, I've been tagged. Chris over at The Superdad Chronicles, tagged me for this meme. Seven things you didn't already know about me. Seeing as how I've admitted here that I don't even shave my legs on a daily basis, is there really anymore you WANT to know?
However, the gauntlet has been thrown down. Now all I have to do is think of seven things that might be marginally interesting. :)
1. I might have mentioned on here a time or two that I have an obsession..... err, have the hots for.... umm, maybe I should just say REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE..... Keifer Sutherland. From the first moment I saw him in Lost Boys (although it might have been Stand By Me... I can never remember which one of those came out first) I have been head over heels for him. Seriously, I've seen every movie he's ever done. I start my countdown to 24 every year at Christmas. His pictures are plastered all over my wallpaper on my computer at home. I was only *sort of* joking when I said that I would leave my fairytale Utopia at the drop of a hat for him. All he'd have to do is look in my general direction. Coach knows this, understands this, and has vowed to support it should we ever find ourselves in the same location as my beloved Keifer.
2. I have not ridden an actual bicycle since I was in the 9th grade. That would be 20 years, for those of you trying to figure it out. I've ridden the occasional exercise bike, but not one that could actually take me anywhere. I have no idea why this is, but neither do I have ANY inclination to change it.
3. When I was in high school, I wanted to fly fighter jets. I even went and took the military entrance exam, and was told I scored higher than 90% of the MEN that take it. I know I scored higher than my baby brother who is currently in Naval Intelligence. Two things stopped me from actually enlisting. 1~~My vision is beyond ridiculously bad. Its so bad that I can't even pilot commercial planes, and probably wouldn't even be allowed to get my private pilot's license; and 2~~ The recruiter informed me that at that time they still were not allowing women to actually control the cockpit of fighter planes. Not being the patient sort (really, more of the instant gratification sort) I was not willing to wait until the military changed its ways. So, I walked out. I did, however, thank the recruiter very politely for having spent so much time with me, and even for taking me to sit for the exam.
4. My favorite professional sport is hockey. Why? Because of all the checking and cheap shots. Some sports are just more fun to watch when they get bloody. It also might be because my kids don't play it, so I'm therefore free to enjoy the bloodshed without any worry that my kids will one day be in that position.
5. I've never been to Disneyland. I can tell you Goofy's original name, have watched every Disney movie ever created, I even know the names of Daisy Duck's nieces. But I have never been to the Magic Kingdom. I think I've about got Coach talked into taking me there for my 50th birthday. Granted, that's not for 15 years; but I WILL go in my lifetime. This I swear.
6. I can't read music, but I can sing with near perfect pitch anything I've heard once. I was in several musical performances in high school, and in the top performance groups, but I could never read the sheet music. I've also done a lot of performances at various events, but again, I have always needed someone to sing/play the piece for me first. My mom is the same way.
7. Strange family factoid: There are 10 years between my mom and her youngest brother. There are 10 years between me and my youngest brother. There are 9 years between my uncle and myself. There are 9 years between Jock and my youngest brother. (Also, while not really about me, Jock had the exact same weight and measurements as Coach did at birth, while Bug had the exact same weight and measurements as Coach's younger brother.)
Ok. There you have it. Seven things you never knew you wanted to know about me. I'm supposed to tag some of you for this, but I won't. For one, I think I've seen this on a few of your blogs already. For another, you've all mentioned how tired of doing this particular meme you are.
So thank me. I'm sparing you.